That’s because the technology that prevents those inevitable spills from sticking to carpet or upholstery is similar to the Teflon® brand technology that keeps foods from sticking to pots and pans. When you select an application of Teflon® Advanced, you have the assurance that your carpet and upholstery are protected with a tried, true, and trusted premium-quality product. Teflon® is one of the most recognized and respected brands in the world.
A FEW GOOD REASONS TO USE A CARPET & UPHOLSTERY PROTECTOR
- Because of their unique formulations, carpet and upholstery protectors “wick” all the way to the backing, enveloping and protecting the entire length of each fiber, not just the tips.
- Makes fabrics last longer. Fibers treated with protectors have a 60% longer service life than those untreated, per laboratory controlled Taber machine test. Everyday use will eventually raise havoc with fiber tips if not coated with a layer of protectant.
- They will provide wear and abrasive resistant, but are not bullet proof. Carpet Protector is to carpet what wax is to hard floors.
- Expect more soil removal during vacuuming, as soil finds it difficult to cling to protected fibers.
- Will not change hue or color of the fabric.
- Will not change the “feel” of the fabric.
- Will not cause color change when dry.
- Cannot cause shrinkage.
- Will increase drying time when applied to carpet just cleaned.
- IMPORTANT: Most formulators recommend 24 hours drying time at room temperature. Best results can be achieved by allowing it to dry overnight before exposing the carpet to traffic. IF IT IS NECESSARY TO WALK ON THE TREATED CARPET PRIOR TO DRYING, CAUTION SHOULD BE TAKEN AS THE SOLES OF FOOTWEAR COULD BECOME SLIPPERY!